Who can apply?
- Every artist from the participating countries Austria, Czechia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- The nominee has to be available for at least 8 out of 20 INES festival dates in the year to come. Most festivals take place in April, September or November, with some exceptions.
How can I apply?
- You can apply here. Applications for the INES#talent 2021 programme was open from June 8th to August 16st 2020. Stay tuned for next year!
- For your INES#talent application you will need to create a gigmit profile or log in if you already have one.
- At the end of the application you will confirm the conditions of participation. Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
How does the nomination process work?
- Each INES#festival nominates between 2 to 10 promising and export-ready artists from their own country to the INES#talent pool.
- The #talents 2021 will be announced in October 2020. The INES#talent status begins with 01.01.2021 and is valid for two years (until the end of 2022).
How are talents booked at festivals?
- After being nominated, INES#talents need to apply for the showcases they would like to play at via gigmit. Bookers will then invite between 2 and 10 foreign artists to play at their festival.
- You can find out which festivals are open for applications at the moment here.
Does being an INES#talent mean that I automatically get booked at an INES#festival?
- No, being an INES#talent does not guarantee that you will get booked by an INES#festival, but it does significantly raise your chances. In 2021, there are over 70 slots that the 20 INES#festivals offer to the artists in the INES#talent pool. In the past, more than two thirds of the INES#talents played at at least one INES#festivals.
How can I increase my chances of getting booked?
- Your gigmit artist page is the first thing festival bookers will see when reviewing your application. Make sure that the information on your gigmit profile is complete and up-to-date, including images and links to your music or music videos.
- Most importantly, be active! Apply to as many INES#festivals as possible, network, send updates of your activities to the INES team, travel to festivals as a delegate twith the INES#pro programme,…
What are the benefits of being an INES#talent?
- Each booked #talent is offered a minimum package consisting of:
- Min. 250€ fee (plus VAT) per act and festival
- Accommodation or compensation for accommodation
- Basic backline (amp, drum kit, no guitars)
- Festival passes & one conference ticket
- Catering or buyout
- NO compensation of travel costs – we recommend getting in touch with your national music export offices for support
- The INES#talent status lasts for 2 years, which can be a career booster even if you don’t get booked at INES#festivals.
- A spotlight in the INES marketing channels: INES#talents and their activities are promoted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as in the INES Newsletter or in special features.
What happens if my band is an INES#talent but the INES#festival that booked us does not want to provide the minimum package?
- The number of slots reserved for INES#talents is limited, but this does not mean that you cannot perform at the festival if all the INES#talent slots are already filled. INES#festivals may choose to book additional INES#talents outside of the INES project framework. In that case it can happen that an INES#talent will not receive the minimum package, as it is not performing at the given festival as an INES#talent.
- In other cases, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my commitments as an INES#talent?
- You should be available at min. 8 out of 20 festival dates in the year to come.
- You accept the offered minimum compensation package.
- You agree to your artist name being associated with the INES programme (e.g.: online, on stages, in festival programmes).
Do you have any other questions that weren’t answered in our INES#Talent FAQs? Please send us an email to email@example.com.