- BEMA – Bureau Export de la Musique Africaine: supports the promotion and export of African music, its dissemination, the circulation of artists, works and professionals, training and production.
- Moroccan Music Export: a public body promoting traditional and modern Moroccan music creation and distribution in international markets.
- IMEXSA – Independent Music Exporters South Africa: a non-profit organisation dealing with the promotion and export development program dedicated to providing assistance and opportunities for music companies to be internationally successful while contributing to the region’s economic growth.
- KOCCA – Korea Creative Content Agency: a South Korean government agency which is affiliated with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and is charged with governing cultural content.
Australia & Oceania
- Sounds Australia: Australia’s export music market development initiative, established to provide a cohesive and strategic platform to assist the Australian music industry access international business opportunities.
- New Zealand Music Commission: a government funded organisation that promotes music from New Zealand and supports the growth of New Zealand music businesses – both culturally and economically, at home and abroad.
Central and South America
- Brasil Music Exchange (BME): was created in 2000 to facilitate connecting Brazilian and international companies, establishing partnerships and generating business opportunities.
- Chilemúsica: a new public-private sector brand for the promotion of Chilean music abroad.
- Alberta Music: a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry to succeed in their careers.
- CIMA – Canadian Independent Music Association: an advocacy leader, representing the national-interests of the Canadian owned independent music industry, while providing targeted services for the economic benefit of its membership.
- Manitoba Music: a member-based, not-for-profit industry association working to nurture, develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Manitoba music industry.
- Music BC: a not for profit association serving the for profit and non-profit music industry; the voice of the British Columbia Music industry locally, domestically and internationally.
- Music Export Canada: the online music export office of the Canadian music industry.
- Music Nova Scotia: a non-profit organization that has worked since 1989 with a mandate to encourage the creation, development, growth and promotion of Nova Scotia’s music industry.
- Music Ontario: a non-profit, membership-based provincial Music Industry Association (MIA), whose mission is to provide professional development, education, information, and support to the music industry of Ontario.
- SODEC Québec: striving to make Québec’s cultural industry stand out locally and internationally.
- Austin Music Export: facilitates performance opportunities, domestically and abroad, for independent musical artists from Austin, Texas.
- Music Export Memphis: an export office for Memphis music, create opportunities for Memphis artists to showcase their music outside the city, building their careers and building impact for Memphis in talent attraction and music tourism.
Find a list of all European initiatives HERE.
Do you know any other international music export offices we did not mention? Please let us know HERE.