What Does the COVID-19 Pandemic Mean for Live Music?
- “Coronavirus Will Bankrupt More People Than It Kills – And That’s the Real Global Emergency” (INDEPENDENT, 11 March 2020)
- “How Coronavirus Could Impact the Music Scene (And Your Festival Plans) This Summer” (NME, 11 March 2020)
- “We Asked 23 UK Music Festivals If They’re Going Ahead Despite Coronavirus” (VICE, 12 March 2020)
- “Which Festivals Will Take Place?” (gigmit, updated)
- COVID-19 Advice for Venues” (Music Venue Trust)
- Live Music Intelligence Magazine IQ does a great job with a lot of international news and features on the COVID-19 topic (IQ, updated)
Good General Information
- “Why Outbreaks Like Coronavirus Spread Exponentially, And How to „Flatten the Curve” (The Washington Post, 14 March 2020)
- “Why You Must Act Now“ (Medium, 10 March 2020)
Help for Cultural Workers
- “Resources: Arts, Culture and Cultural Mobility” (on the move, 24 March 2020)
- “Industry Orgs Urge Gov Support In Face of COVID-19″ (IQ, updating)
- “Ticketing Firms Launch Range of Initiatives to Support Industry” (Ticketing Business News, 19 March 2020)
- “Emergency Coronavirus Fund for Songwriters Worth Up To $43M Launched by GEMA In Germany” (Music Busines Worldwide, 23 March 2020)
- “‘We Need Help Now’: Calls For Support for Freelancers” (IQ, 20 March 2020)
- “UK Music Calls for ‘Urgent Clarity‘ On the Impact of Coronavirus On Music Events” (UK Music, 16 March 2020)
- “Advice And Latest News On Coronavirus for Musicians” (Musicians Union UK, updating)
- Bandcamp waives their own contribution for 24 hours on 20.03.2020. Support artists and labels directly…
- Independent Music Companies Association (IMPALA) adopts crisis plan calling for urgent action across Europe
- “#VirtualPint Initiative Launches To Aid Vulnerable Venues” (Festival Insights, 24.03.20)
- “Cancel the Festival of Britain – Save Britain’s Grassroots Culture“ Find out more and support at change.org
- “#LeaveNoOneBehind: Prevent the Corona catastrophe now – also at the external borders!” Find out more and support at change.org
How To Go On?
- “The Show Goes On(Line): Concerts Get Creative Amid Global Shutdown” (IQ, 18 March 2020)
- #UnitedWeStream: every-day livestream from Berlin Clubs on donation (CLUBCOMMISSION)
- “Live Streaming On the Rise As Bandsintown Launches Watch Live Feature” (Ticketing Business News, 20 March 2020)
- #StayON: a similar Italian initiative (KeepOn, 16 March 2020)
- Quarantine Show Series (e.g. Igor Levit and DUBIOZA KOLEKTIV)
- “Why Fan Engagement Is Now More Important Than Ever” (IQ, 19 March 2020)
- “AGI’s Nick Storch: On Rescheduling Tours And Staying Positive” (Pollstar, 18 March 2020)
- “Indie Venues Fight Back Against Coronavirus” (IQ, 19 March 2020)
- “How the Coronavirus Is Pushing Chinese Concerts Online” (The Verge, 17 February 2020)
- “Korean Musical Theatre Triumphs Despide COVID-19″ (IQ, 18 March 2o20)
- “Venues Open Doors As Demand for Hospital Beds Grows” (IQ, 24 March 2020)
- “A Long Road To Recovery: Promoters In Asia Talk Covid-19″ (IQ, 24 March 2020)
- “Is It Smart To Release Music During The Coronavirus Quarantine?” (Hypebot, 23 March 2020)
How gigmit Helps You Now
- Digital Booking: Free and easy via smart EPKs. Book your dates from autumn 2020 with gigmit now and put them on advance sale as soon as possible to cushion your losses!
- Addresses: Expand your network and use our new Club and Festival Database for the reorganization of cancelled tours!
- Online promo: Use your free time and get involved in contemporary concert advertising!
- Data: Use the new gigmit FAN INSIGHTS and connect your accounts now to get into Growth Charts! The service remains free of charge.
- Know-how: Discover what the digital age of booking has to offer and stay up-to-date via the gigmit blog.
- Discount: Until the end of June 2020, as long as there are no international concerts due to COVID-19, you get a 30% discount on gigmit PRO upgrades. Simply redeem the code „COVID-19-30“ HERE.
COVID-19 Community Feedback
To share knowledge, tips and experiences from the community, we have set up a contact point here. Tell us what will help live music during the Corona crisis! #powerofaconnectedcommunity
Stay healthy! gigmit is here for you!